LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA
Identifying and Mitigating the Effects of Terrorism
About The Course
Please book here to begin making yourself safer online
About Our Course
Terrorism and political violence has unfortunately become a feature of modern life within many business communities. This course prepares managers and executives to understand how to put in place practical protections to safeguard their colleagues, customers and premises. Such managers could be general managers, or from security, health and safety, emergency planning, logistics, hospitality, aviation, retail or other relevant departmental and sector environments who need to urgently prioritise staff and customer safety.
This practical course is also of paramount interest for security, law-enforcement and First Responders who seek to understand the likely causes, consequences and responses – either at street-level or governmental policy level – to Terrorism and Extremist Political Violence. In particular, this business-focused course considers the impact of terrorism in business and tourist zones, as well as the strategies and defences that can be safely and sensibly applied in order to potentially lessen the likelihood and effect of an attack.
1. Flexible and Supported Learning: Online, monthly enrolment! 24 weeks of online study – filled with case studies, interactive exercises and fascinating videos – supported by the cutting-edge, world-leading, interactive Klaspad learning platform. You can study at a time and place to suit you and your business!
2. Expert Tutors: Our tutors have all worked in counter-terrorism and crisis management roles and/or police detection and investigation planning roles, including within London, Northern Ireland other global business domains
3. Experienced Tutors: Our tutors are all qualified teaching and training practitioners from Universities, Colleges and/or law enforcement
4. Networking: Meet new colleagues and peers through our virtual discussion forums and free attendance to UK New Security Alliance andGlobalAcademy.com (and some Partner) events, held in London, New York and other major hubs
5. Achieve an internationally-recognised Diploma after successfully passing all formal assessments
What Do Our Experts Cover?
History of Terrorism and Political Violence: Methods, Motivations and Responses
How to conduct Security Risk Assessments and Plans
How to Protect Lone Travellers and Staff Groups
Cyber & Information Security
Terrorism and Extremism: Human Resources and Legal Compliance
For all of our programmes, students are supported by Cyber Security field academics and practitioners. Each of our tutors has been employed in senior information and cyber security roles with Government, Police forces and/or global business enterprises.
Our experienced tutor team bring these employment networks into their teaching. How? By inviting you to relevant events (see our Events section below) and uploading the latest industry reports.
Practical study will be enhanced by our in-house Subject Matter Expert tutors because they will help you to access and research a wide range of open-source information. This will include: videos, websites, specialist books, journals, manuals, news articles, guidance, International Standards and legal revisions, as well as much other relevant material.
Our programmes are exciting: unlike most other ‘Cyber Security’ courses, they match theory with practice. They cover non-technical security considerations. They are business focused. They share the real story of cyber insecurity with you.