LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA
Diploma in Cyber Security
About The Course
Please book here to begin making yourself safer online
Intermediate to more advanced. Prior technical knowledge/qualifications, or a Level 3 Cyber Security Diploma, required for successful applications. Technical aspects, providing IT career or academic study progression, as well as detailed information security risk management competences.
Open enrolment – enrol any time or place. Click and Start … learners don’t have to wait! EU GDPR is covered in detail with a dedicated assessment. Tutors all with senior, frontline cyber security practitioner experience.
What Do Our Experts Cover?
Module 1: Cyber Threat & Risk
– What is ‘Threat’ and ‘Risk’ in a computer security environment?
– Cyber security, current attack trends and terminology
– Security and Risk Management as concepts
– Identifying and familiarising ourselves with threat intelligence feeds
– Calculating and demonstrating risk
Module 2: Network Security & Data Communications
– Network Principles and Protocols
– Access Controls
– Software development and how it relates to cyber security risks
– Web applications and how they relate to risk
– Malware types and evolution
Module 3: Databases & Programming
– Database security breach types
– How databases organise data; DB manufacturers, tools and approaches
– Case studies in big data organisation and breach incidents
– Impact and utility of Cloud-based approaches
– Differences between compiled and interpreted programming languages
– Write Python programs using popular expressions
Module 4: Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics
– Legal and Ethical Principles and Computer network investigations
– Forensic Science and Digital Forensics
– How to build the right teams to respond
– Incident Response and Crisis Management
– Reporting and recording activity
– Business Continuity Management
Module 5: Security Strategy: Laws, Policies and Implementation
-Strategic management, and how it applies to cyber domains
-Project management, and how it applies to cyber domains
-Legal, regulatory and standards bodies
-Training and further development – standards and training
-Design a security audit to match regulatory and customised, environment-specific requirements
Module 6a: Banking & Finance
– Banking and Finance: How finance and markets work
– Case studies in Banking and Finance cyber-crime, including Insider Threat
– Legal, regulatory requirements and standards
– Cryptocurrencies, as they relate to cyber security
– Payment Card Industry and cyber security issues
Module 6b: Cyber Wars
– What do we mean by ‘Cyber Wars’ and where do they exist?
– Strategy, methods and motivations behind state-sponsored/encouraged cyber conflict/war
– Key government approaches: institutions, capabilities and perspectives
– Case studies in Business Communities and private sector responses
– Case studies in CNI and sector responses
For further details and recommended reading please go to our Specification: Guidance for Learners published by our awarding body, Qualifi Ltd. This can be downloaded from our website.
For all of our programmes, students are supported by Cyber Security field academics and practitioners. Each of our tutors has been employed in senior information and cyber security roles with Government, Police forces and/or global business enterprises.
Our experianced tutor team bring these employment networks into their teaching. How? By inviting you to relevant events (see our Events section below) and uploading the latest industry reports.
Practical study will be enhanced by our in-house Subject Matter Expert tutors because they will help you to access and research a wide range of open-source information. This will include: videos, websites, specialist books, journals, manuals, news articles, guidence, InternationalStandards and legal revisions, as well as much other relevant material.
Our programmes are exciting: unlike most other ‘Cyber Security’ courses, they match theory with practice. They cover non-technical security considerations. They are business focused. They share the real story of cyber insecurity with you.