LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA
Cyber Security Management & Operations
About The Course
Please book here to begin making yourself safer online
Intermediate, with some technical aspects, providing IT career progression and/or security risk management competences. Open enrolment – enrol any time or place. Click and Start … learners don’t have to wait! EU GDPR is covered proficiently with a dedicated module and assessment. Tutors all with senior, frontline cyber security practitioner experience.
What Do Our Experts Cover?
Module 1: Threat & Risk: Expecting the Unexpected
– Cyber security and current attack trends and terminology
– Motivations and impacts
– Case studies in attacks and cyber war postures
– White Hat, Grey Hat and Black Hat Hacking
– Asset protection essentials
Module 2: Network Architecture, Communications and Protocols
– Communication and Network Principles and Protocols: The OSI Model
– How the Internet works
– Network Devices, Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
– Cyber defence frameworks
– Computer programming
– Conducting Risk Assessments
Module 3: Mobile Data Risks & IoT
– Protecting Mobile Data: Network Security on devices: Android (OS), Wi-Fi networks and security management
– The Internet of Things
– Case studies in mobile data breaches
– Open Source Intelligence gathering and analysis (OSINT)
Module 4: Investigations & Incident Response
– Incident Response and CERTS
– Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management
– Investigations and Digital Forensics
– Reporting and recording activity
– Legal and ethical principles and cyber investigations
Module 5:Future-Proofing your Business
– Emerging Technologies: Robotics and AI
– NIST, ISO and COBIT
– Standards, policies, recruitment and industry training
– Staying ahead with Threat Intelligence
– Design your own cyber-risk assessment and business toolkit
Module 6: EU GDPR & Data Security
– What does EU GDPR cover? Underpinning ethos/objectives in relation to protecting personal data
– Reviewing and collating an organisation’s overall data properties
– Developing an EU GDPR implementation project plan
– Case studies in data insecurity
– Design your own EU GDPR audit toolkit
For further details and recommended reading please go to our Specification: Guidance for Learners published by our awarding body, Qualifi Ltd. This can be downloaded from our website.
For all of our programmes, students are supported by Cyber Security field academics and practitioners. Each of our tutors has been employed in senior information and cyber security roles with Government, Police forces and/or global business enterprises.
Our experianced tutor team bring these employment networks into their teaching. How? By inviting you to relevant events (see our Events section below) and uploading the latest industry reports.
Practical study will be enhanced by our in-house Subject Matter Expert tutors because they will help you to access and research a wide range of open-source information. This will include: videos, websites, specialist books, journals, manuals, news articles, guidence, InternationalStandards and legal revisions, as well as much other relevant material.
Our programmes are exciting: unlike most other ‘Cyber Security’ courses, they match theory with practice. They cover non-technical security considerations. They are business focused. They share the real story of cyber insecurity with you.